Saturday, October 29, 2005

Worth It?

Ok. So I can't blog at school. It's like Fort Knox on those computers. You can't do much of anything. Including looking, much less writing, on a blog.
A question came to mind today as Brian and I were hanging out with the baby. What is it worth? Staying home that is. When does it become: this isn't worth it? Or, is anything worth the price to be a stay at home mom?
Let me explain.
Brian works hard, long hours. He is gone at 7 and doesn't come home till 7. We eat dinner, Abbie goes down, I clean up and go to bed. End of night. He is has been given a promotion (yeah rah!) and that should (hopefully) mean more money and more responsibility. But is it worth the sacrifice of not seeing your husband often? Him seeing Abbie as I pretty much walk her to bed? He has call every other week and that is an extra 36 hours a week on top of his 40. That is a lot of work. I know he does it to get ahead and to do a good job and to try to make more money to get me home or part-time. But when do you say, we are o.k. where we are at? Slow down and just be?
I love my husband and I don't want him getting burnt out on work or to miss out and regret Abbie's growth and milestones. (like she is now finding her hands...well, more like her wrist but she's trying!)
With all this said, I appreciate the goal my husband has in mind and I support him. I also want him to enjoy fatherhood without the "feeling" that he has to get me to be home. I am o.k. where I am. God has given me peace about it. This is where He needs me right now. Working, being a mom, and a wife. And with that, I am good.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Intereting thoughts. Terry only gets one day off and has since Reia was born. I guess I don't think about it as much because I am home with them. Their time with Daddy is precious b/c it is limited. Even time doing family type things ie:church, is still work for him.

Just do what God calls you to do and I truly believe it works to your family's benefit. Maybe his call to work longer hours now, will yeild a payoff of you being able to stay home full time. When that happens you can adjust Abbie's hours to be up later and sleep later. Win/Win for all if you ask me!!!

Just my thoughts! BTW--Brian said something about moving to Lake Highlands????