Saturday, October 22, 2005

New Beginning

Tomorrow I begin Weight Watchers. I would today except I had Whataburger for breakfast and that was almost all my points except for 6 or so. No need to get off on the wrong foot. I have my menu all laid out of what to eat and what I think each meal is worth. I have my lunches and breakfasts done too. Hopefully by this time next week I will have dropped at least 2 pounds.
At the same time, I have completed the first full week of school and it was ok. It is just so tiring with a class that won't listen. They like to listen when they feel like it and that doesn't work for me. So, what do you do with students who don't do what you ask, talk CONSTANTLY no matter where you are, and look at you like, "Who me?" YES YOU! These are fourth graders that should know better and they do. They are choosing not to do whatever. Maybe it reflects on me not being strict enough. Any suggestions out there of "creative" disciplines? (that won't get me fired!)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

When my oldest was in the 4th grade her teacher had different charts where the kids could earn stickers. It sounds a little below 4th grade level but when a kid looks at their name and everyone has more stickers than you it's motivating. After they got a certain amount of stickers there was a prize.

You could use this idea for specific good behaviors (i.e. being respectful, being courtious to one another, using manners etc.) and give stickers the same time each day, or good behavior in general and give the stickers out as the behavior occures.

There are all sorts of directions you could go with it.

Just a suggestion, hope it helps a little.

Whataburger will get ya everytime! I love them!

Anonymous said...

A Steak & Shake Single is 8 pts.

here is another site www.dwlz.com for points.

Keep up the good work, i am trying to get back on track, too!

holdenon said...

I did WW and was successful at dropping about 11 pounds in 12 weeks. I wanted to lose more, but I am happy with what I did lose. It does work. The dwlz website is great for looking up points on eating out. I hope it works for you. I know that the accountability was huge for me, that is why meetings are so important! Good luck, girl!

holdenon said...

I did WW and was successful at dropping about 11 pounds in 12 weeks. I wanted to lose more, but I am happy with what I did lose. It does work. The dwlz website is great for looking up points on eating out. I hope it works for you. I know that the accountability was huge for me, that is why meetings are so important! Good luck, girl!

holdenon said...

Don't ask me why it posted twice. I only hit login and publish one time! Go figure!