Sunday, October 02, 2005

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I was outside the other day and noticed our yard was looking a wee bit rough. Like something had kind of torn up the grass. I didn't give it much thought. Brian and I were talking with our neighbor and said it was an armadillo. He said around the neighborhood you could see where they are digging up yards. The armadillo at his house dug a big hole to get under his fence. I asked why you never see an armadillo alive. Sure, I see them all the time on the side of the road with their tails in the air but never alive. Our neighbor said you have to catch them in the middle of the night. That works well with me up with Abbie.
Brian was getting ready to go to Uptown to volunteer and I was feeding Abbie. He had apparently decided to go out armadillo hunting and found it. I put Abbie down and went out to look. We thought it had left and looked around in the yards and then went between our house and our neighbors and sure enough, there it was. THE armadillo. Brian took a picture of the monster and tried to get closer but it took off into our neighbors bushes. I stood out by the mailbox. We have captured the critter just in case you too have never seen one alive.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Aren't they funny looking little critters...