Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A New Body

So, it has been almost three months after the birth of my precious Abbie and the weight....is lingering. I was excercising when I was at home and not eating all that great. Now, I eat better and don't exercise. I get stressed nightly when the question comes, "What am I going to wear?" It is horrible. Nothing fits...still. I went shopping and had tons of clothes and nothing. I am getting a bit frustrated about this. I think that is one reason why I don't want to work. How selfish. I don't like how I look now and I don't like how I look in clothes. I want my old self back. I keep hearing 9 months on, 9 months off. I am on a mission now. I think I shall try Slim Fast with Weight Watchers. My goal is 10 pounds off by Thanksgiving. That is around 2 pounds a week off.
My prayer now is to feel confident in who I am (not what I am) and just get my mind off me and onto Him. It's a daily struggle when I have it so engraved in my mind. He has provided me with all I need and He can provide me with self-discipline too!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Just a reminder: I didn't get back to my pre-baby body 18 mos after Reia was born and that was with running two miles several times a week and eating food that tasted like stale crackers. Don't be discouraged. It will happen. Just stay on a plan--running, walking, smaller portions, whatever--and it will happen.

A friend of mine who just had her second child was getting out of the shower this morning and her first child informed her she had a big--actually she said huge--butt. My point? Wait until Abby can talk and she has a little brother or sister. Second point? Shower alone!