Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Last Days

I am sitting and playing with Abbie and thinking about our last days. Today we went to eat lunch with Brian for the last time, we are playing on a Wednesday afternoon for the last time. I will be returning to work next week and am dreading it. Don't get me wrong, the grandparents will do a great job. It is just that I won't be there to see her cute smiles and cooing. I won't get to calm her when she is fussy. I won't get to rock her or feed her. It will be a huge change for me. I have been praying double time for God to just fill me with peace about leaving her and working. She is just the cutest thing ever and it makes it harder to leave. Until Monday, I am savoring my final days with her at home and praying for God to open doors at Brian's work for him to make more (and a bit more) money to allow me stay home. Until then, I pray to embrace that God's grace is sufficient for me.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't know you but I will pray for you and that if it's God's will that He will provide for you a way to stay home with your baby. The upside is that they will be with family and not some strangers teaching them who knows what. I will pray for you to have peace no matter what God's will is for your family.

BV said...

You made me tear up...