Thursday, September 08, 2005

You Know You're a Mom When...

I spent my day with various forms of foreign objects on me. It began when the dog got sick in the house and I found it and then turned my head to find my daughter in her swing had gone to the bathroom...up the front of her diaper and out...and I do mean out!
I didn't really know how to clean her up other than use 50 wipes halfway for fear of touching "it." What an effort to get her clothes off without it getting smeared across her face followed by holding her out away from me naked walking to the kitchen (praying she won't pee) and being bathed. I then proceeded to clean up the dog mess.
One thing that is most helpful...the steamcleaner. I have the Little Green made by Bissell and it helps tons!
The day continued with spit up on the clothes and the no-need-to-change-it-it'll-happen-later mindset.
And you know when you're a mom and none of this bothers you.

1 comment:

Jester Jab's said...

You need some sweet BBG to get you a box of disposable gloves until you get adjusted to the smell and texture. Yes, you will adjust! I have two boys, as you know, and I have been hit in the face with the yellow stream of Pee Pee. (Oh, how they laugh when they micturate in your eye. Is it the expression on your face?) I hope to return the favor when I am old enough to get away with it and not too old to enjoy it. :)