Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Scheduling Savvy

One thing about being the mom of a newborn are the schedules. Crazy as they may be. Abbie is learning her nights and days (thank goodness!). I am trying to get her to eat at 10 at night then 2 and then 6. This will work well if Brian feeds her at 10, I can go to bed early and get some rest before the 2 feeding. It has been hard to get her to do this but I have found that for the past 3-4 days we have both been consistant with the 10. Last night she went from 10 till 3!
Also with schedules is the sacrifice of being home when you need to be. I am trying to be home when Abbie has her awake time to make sure she gets her engergy out to help with sleeping at night. I think it is important to put that over what I feel needs to be done. When she goes to sleep, then we can go out.
Schedules are hard to do and stay with on a consistant basis. I am trying to work at it so that when I return to work, all will be well. Speaking of the little bundle of joy, she is awake. With that, we play!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I have tried as of late to put Reese on a schedule, but that little stinker has her own ideas. That's ok. We're so go and go around here, I guess I can't expect her to be so flexible without being that myself!

Good Job Mommy!