Friday, September 09, 2005

Bind and Conquer

For mom’s who are out there that might find their way to this site, here is some info you mind find useful. (Guys, not so much)

I have decided to let the nursing thing go. If you are from Le Leche, let your comments move along because I have made my choice and stand by it. In books you read they say don’t feel guilty about this and I always thought, what is there to feel guilty about? Well, once I made my choice, the guilt did come. I can’t explain it. You feel like you’ve given up, don’t care, didn’t do it long enough...etc. The thoughts can be overbearing. I have prayed for God’s peace to cover me and he has granted that peace to lay upon me. I went for 6 weeks and have a freezer full so she will continue to get some breast milk for the next couple of weeks mixed with formula.

If you are thinking about quitting, my doctor said at this point, they no longer receive anything that will help them combat illnesses etc. That made me feel better. In the beginning (first few days of life) is where they get their antibodies.

So, how to do it? Some wean themselves. Me? Bind and conquer. Put some cabbage on (change when wilted), wrap yourself in an ace bandage tightly (but still breathing), pop a couple of Tylenol and hold on! It really hasn’t been too bad. Discomfort? Yes. Give it 24-48 hours (so they say) and you should be a new woman…hopefully!

No comments: