Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Strength

Tonight I ran. Again. Every day I dread going but every time I am done, I am so happy with myself. I pray before every run that God would keep me safe, bless the run, and give me endurance. Tonight though I got specific. I prayed over my legs, lungs, heart, and anything else I could think of. I prayed for his strength to carry me and that he run through me. Sound weird? God has put running in my heart for a reason. If I am going to do something that is so outside of who I am, I am going to pray over everything I can think of. I don't have the strength to run, but God does!

PS. Doing a 5K on September 23 if anyone wants to join me. You know who you are :)

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Doesn't look like we will be there anytime soon - but I'm going to try and do the Race for the Cure here on October 8th.

Robin said...

That's 23 days away!!!! Are you kidding? Maybe that one in oct? =)

Kristie Vinson said...

Which one in October? I would be interested. Theresa: you will be running in spirit next to me!