Saturday, August 12, 2006

Run On

Today we went and got some good running shoes for me. The folks there at Run On know their stuff. Before, I would buy tennis shoes that were cute. After all, who wants to wear an ugly one? At this store though, the shoe picks you. They watch you walk and look at how your foot moves and measure it on the neat little scale (the last time I used that was grade school I think!). They are very knowledgeable because they either walk or run. Of course, with new shoes come socks and shirts. Dry fit my friend, we live in Texas! I bought their logo shirts for $10 each. Not a bad deal I'm thinking. With my new stuff comes a new love. Running. I never though those words would ever come out. Check back in a couple of weeks though and see if I still have this passion!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Love Run On...but the one I went to was way over in Ft. Worth (because I was working there at the time) it's called 'Luke's Locker'. That place rocks too. They actually have you bring in your current tennis shoes to see the wear-n-tear on them and they watch you walk and measure.

I was the same way like you buying the cutesy shoes (mainly Nike-y) but found out that they make a real narrow shoe and I have a wide toe box. Hence, the reason why my pinky toes would fall asleep.

Now it's all about fit and comfort- Saucony, Adidas and Brooks are what they suggested...and you know what? They never fit better!

Sorry for the long comment but you're on one of my favorite topics...running!