Sunday, August 06, 2006

Thinking?

What was I thinking? I told my friend that I would train for a half marathon. I am now locked in because there is no way she will let me get away with not being in it now! We will be running in the White Rock Lake marathon on December 10. We begin actual training September 10. She says by then I need to be able to run at least 3 miles. The way I see it, training starts now. I did have a chat with God about this. That I would do it, stick to it, and that he would bless and annoint this committment. If any of you other readers are interested in training with us, we would love to have you aboard! (By the way, I just looked at the map and again I ask myself, What was I thinking?)

3 comments:

Jeff Dowdle said...

Good luck, I'm sure you can do it. Enjoy the challenge. I start training for the full marathon in 2 weeks. It'll be my 6th but each time his a brand new experience. The race is the easy part, it is the training that is the real challenge. Stick to your training schedule and you will do fine.k

Robin said...

Sounds like, um, a lot of, well, um, fun? or serious work! Just think about how good you'll look!

Theresa said...

Shucks Kristie...I'd do it with you if I were there! I've been running and working out for about 7 weeks now. (I've lost 10 pounds too.) If I can keep up the running with John's travel schedule and we are moved back by then I'll try and join y'all. K?