Saturday, June 03, 2006

Little Coughs

Abbie woke up a bit congested this morning and it has continued through the day. We gave her some Pediacare and that is breaking it up but her poor cough sounds so gross and painful. Needless to say, we did not go to church because she is not herself and parents and workers would give us the dirty eye after we dropped her off. Going to sleep though worries me because I am afraid something will happen to her during the night. Is this normal as a mom to think that way and be afraid? I prayed for God to attend to my little girl and to keep her in his care and for me to have peace about it. After all, what can I do? Is there a time as a mom (and dad) that you don't worry about something. Whether it be near or in the future? Oy! Speaking of coughs, I hear her now. Poor baby. I hope we both get some sleep tonight.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

My oldest is a camp tonite...my baby busted her lip at Walmart and is now asleep....

I don't think it will ever stop.

I worry about them, but have faith too.

It's normal.

Hope you're having a great summer.

Robin said...

I still go in and check Reia every night. I put my hand on her chest to make sure she is still breathing. I only don't do this for Reese for fear of waking her and being up an hour later than I wanted to be. But no, so far as I can tell, it never ends. I'm ok with it. That's why God made us moms!