Friday, June 30, 2006

Convinced

I have this thought about God. I am praying for me to be able to stay home which means Brian would have to make more money. Duh. But then I look at our budget that we are suppose to follow and find we are doing lousy! Then I think, how hard would it be to have one salary. I guess it comes down to being faithful in the little things. That has been a heart felt prayer that Brian and I would learn the art of money management. We know what to do so I pray for self-discipline. Also, I have been thinking of volunteering and how that effects things and your walk with God. I mentioned this in an earlier blog so I am going to volunteer. Good for showing Abbie how to serve, good for my heart, and good for God's heart to reach his children. And, I have started my bible studies again. That has brought some fresh air my way. I am doing one called Having a Mary's Heart in a Martha's World. It is was written for me. The busy, type A personality, that is easily distracted from the one good thing. It has been so good to reread that passage in Luke and go deep into it and see what God needs to reteach and I need to "reget."
With all this come faithfulness of following God, loving him, and pleasing him. That is why we were created. For fellowship for God. He doesn't need us, he wants us. He wants me. I have been praying for God to do great things but what I am doing for him? The thought came to me this morning in my study, how can I have the audacity to sit and ask God for stuff and to do great things in my life when I am not doing for him. I am not talking about just any old thing for God to try to get in his good graces to get what I want, but to honestly serve and love the Lord my God. I am asking God to help me step outside of myself, to put on the full armor of God, and to serve him as he has shown me to serve. Will I get to stay home after this season of my life? I don't know and can't answer that. But one thing I do know, I will have a walk that is unbreakable, a marriage that is honorable, a daughter loving her Lord, and a fragrance that is indistinctly God's. Now that is something I can live with.

No comments: