Sunday, December 11, 2005

Too Much

As most know, the holidays bring on too much. Too much ______. You fill in the blank.
Our past week has been very busy. Brian's grandmother, Nellie (Ginny) passed away a week ago and her funeral was on Wednesday. If you live around here you know that Wednesday consisted of sleet, snow, and ice. What a day for a funeral! We all bundled up though and battled the weather. I think Ginny would get a kick out of us at the grave site with blankets galore.
Ginny was a wonderful lady and such a giver. Her house had an open door policy. No need to knock, just come in. She had a servant's heart and generosity was her motto. I know where Brian gets his example from. She was a wonderful lady who battled liver cancer for 3 years and finally, the LORD took her home. She has no more pain, sorrow, sleepless nights, and treatments. She is perfect now.
The following day school was canceled and Brian's work worked from home. So we spent the day at home in front of the fire, Abbie and me that is and Brian did really work. All day.
Last night I did a biggie. Abbie spent the night with my parents. We went to Brian's company Christmas party (fun) and stayed out late (the latest I have been out since....forever!!!). I did ok though. I think it was because she was pretty much already asleep when I dropped her off and she was getting up and getting ready when I was, just not here.
This is the last week of school before the holidays. I fully expect hyper active kids, stressed out teachers counting the hours, minutes, and seconds. It will be nice to be home with Abbie for a bit then we are in the for the home stretch for next semester.
Until then...be careful with your too much's and remember the LORD our Savior and His saving grace and his gift to the world.

No comments: