Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's Here

Yeah, it's here! Christmas vacation. Need I say more?
Oh, and to moms out there. My little one has decided that anywhere from 5-5:30 is a great time to wake up. That doesn't work for me since I get up about 5:45 to get ready. See the conflict? She goes to bed about 6:30 at night because I just can't keep her up. (Excpet tonight, it's 8:45 and she is just going down!)
So...with all that-do you keep them up later at night like to 7-7:30 and will that help? Also, is it wrong of me to feed her at 5 (am!) then put her back down even though I know she could stay up? Am I doing the right thing at that time of morning (you know, teaching her to SLEEP) or am I being selfish? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have gone to great lengths to do what I can to to help her sleep (fan, heater, humidipher).
Let me know...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Kristie...this is how I feel about it....Babies need sleep. As much as they can get. They are doing so much growing and changing it sleeping helps their brain develop. If your Abbie falls back asleep when you feed her at 5:00am then I think it's great. Us moms need our sleep to in order to be good moms and not get overtired so it's not selfish at all. I do my darndest to get my daughter (16 months) back to sleep when she wakes up a little early in the morning. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have a fan, a heater and a humidifier in her room too!!!

Bottom line...if she can fall back asleep and you can get some extra sleep then I think it terrific for both of yoU!!!!!

Good Luck...and have fun on your break!