Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I Surrender

I was working out this afternoon and was listening to Lincoln Brewster, a praise and worship leader. One song, Surrender, not like the old hymn, began to play and suddenly it was like God was saying to me to surrender my workouts to him. Seriously. I workout to excuse my unhealthy eating. God wants all of me. My eating, exercise, thought life, every part that makes me me. I had to question myself. Do I truly surrender? How I want to. Tears were in my eyes as I realized that I just need to do it all. Surrender.
Here is the first verse:
I'm giving you my heart, and all that is within
I lay it all down for the sake of you my king
I'm giving you my dreams, I'm laying down my rights,
I'm giving up my pride, for the promise of new life
And I surrender, all to you, all to you
And I surrender, all to you, all to you

No comments: