Monday, November 04, 2013

Day 1 in the Books

Today was our first day of homeschooling. After careful thought I put on my gray comfy pants, house shoes, threw my hair up in bun, and went to work. One great thing was we started our time studying the bible. This week we are studying Pentecost and using the book Old Story New, which are 10-minute devotionals.
Part of our reading curriculum is FIAR and all three girls sat down with me on the floor and we read and did our lesson together. We got all our work done, reading, math, grammar, and handwriting. It worked like a well-oiled machine and I couldn't have asked for today to have gone any better. It was nice to work one on one with each girl in a relaxed environment. To top it off, we finished everything in 2 hours.
We went to Chick-fil-A for lunch, headed to the library to load up on books, and enjoyed having fun after working diligently.
I know every day won't be this seamless (and awesome), we will be adding Explode the Code for both of the older two girls and the oldest will start her writing program twice a week using Writing Strands. But I feel good about this decision and fear I might become one of those, "You have to do this!" kind of person. Oh Lord have mercy!

1 comment:

David James said...

When i start to read this Day 1 in the Books at school and it is really very nice for me to Overcoming Fear