Saturday, June 02, 2007

Treasure

This doesn't have anything to do with Pirates of the Caribbean as much as I want to see the movie, but our treasure we lay up. You have heard before that where your treasure is, your heart will be also. I have heard that and thought how nice it was and that yes, my treasure needs to be in heaven so moth and rust won't get it and that pesky thief can't get to it. But I don't think I ever hit the core of it before until tonight from church. Basically it's this: you can pursue God and serve him, or you can pursue money and have it. If you pursue money you don't get God and in the end, you wind up with nothing because you don't get to take it with you. Pursue God, and you have him and he gives you his kingdom. This is all to say that this is a test of where our hearts are. If you like the transient, your heart is here on earth. And if you like (pursue, desire, long for) the invisible, well, your heart is in heaven.
I guess I have some work to do in my life. I am ok with this sermon because I know that I have been asking God to help me deal with this very issue and will continue to ask for him to help me so that my treasure may be found in him.

No comments: