Thursday, May 31, 2007

Home at Last


I finally have taken a few moments to sit and blog. Ever since our lap top crashed, blogging just isn't easy. I actually have to come sit in the study. I have been home almost a week now and I love it. I have been a bit uneasy about going from full time working mom to non working and what that might do. I have praying for God to give me peace and to enjoy each moment with Abbie and he has been faithful to answer that prayer. I think we live in Seattle because it has rained every day! Well, not today. There was actually sun this afternoon. The first day in a couple of weeks. I have to remind myself that the rain is God's mercy after us having a drought. Abs and I headed to the pool. The purple plastic pool in the backyard that is. It was great fun. She is a blast and I am loving staying home.

God has each of us in different periods of our life. This is a time for me to see what a stay at home mom life would be like. May I get a taste and do what it takes financially to get me home. Brian and I have been praying for God to simplify our desires in addition to liking sandwiches for meals and them filling us up. I pray for the hand of God to bless us...not because we deserve it, but because he finds us faithful to his calling. May I search out the heart of God always and forever.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Ok, I'm confused? Are you staying home next year? Or just not utilizing your income this summmer to test the waters??

And your blog isn't uploading to my google reader for whatever reason!