Friday, May 26, 2006

Done

I am done! I have finished school for the summer and am out! I am so excited. Tomorrow is Abbie's dedication at church. I am excited about that and realizing the importance of it and the committment that we are making as a family to keep God the center and focus of our family.

The blog title is mom-in-training and I have learned a lot the past 10 months. I sure don't know it all. I do know that balancing work and home life is a challenge and daily struggle. One or the other got ignored and work was usually it. I look back at my school year and wonder had I spent more time working with kids, or more time tutoring, or more time on planning, would my kids have been more successful? Is success passing the TAKS or 4th grade? I had no one fail any subject on their final grade. Is that success? With this year behind me as a new mom I can look forward to the next year and change things I did not like, find an area to work hard on and excel. Until the LORD lets me stay at home, I need to focus my work on him and his desire and standards of success. Until it is time to think about that, I will enjoy a break, find sanity, hang with Abbie, and just fall in love with the maker of the universe. Praise you LORD for the blessings that abound me daily.

No comments: