Sunday, November 27, 2005

Too Long

It is amazing how time can slip through your fingers like a grain of sand. I can't believe how much I DON'T blog. Certainly not my intention. Since my last blog lots has happened.
Can you believe that Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey are getting divorced? I certainly thought they would make it. Seriously. Ask my husband.
Oh, and the more important. Abbie. She is now 4 months old and eating cereal and green beans. She is doing a fabulous job and certainly has not inherited my eating habits thus far. Tomorrow we try peas. Does it get any better than this? We also took her to get her Christmas pictures taken. They are too cute.
I return back to work tomorrow and have so enjoyed being home for the past 5 days with Abbie. I was beginning to think I would continue to work and not pursue being at home but I do miss being with her all day. She has grown so much and is getting to the fun stage where she can interact with you.
There are also some trying times in the family as well. Both our moms had found lumps. My mom's was an infection and his mom's was benign. Brian's grandma is very sick. She has been battling liver cancer for the past 3 years and now her body is just winding down. We are not sure how much longer she will be with us. We had Thanksgiving at her house and just hope she makes it to Christmas as well.
Life is short. You can see this by how quickly the weekend goes or how fast your baby grows. I have been asking God not to slow down time, but for me to slow down and to take the moments in. Not rushing to the next thing or even thinking about it. Just being in the moment. What else could you ask for?

No comments: