Thursday, November 03, 2005

Purely Tired

Wow, it is very tiring working, taking care of Abbie, getting up night with her, and all the other "duties" you hold. Balancing is getting harder. Could that be why I am revisiting high school days on my face??? I come home tired and focus on Abbie. I don't rest because there are things to do. I go to bed about 8:30 at night and start the day all over at 5:45. I can be found at 6:30 am doing laundry, cleaning, straightening up; all the things I didn't get to beforehand.
With that, is there an answer to all this? A way to feel rested, up to speed, and not like you have 50 different plates in the air you better not drop because they are priceless China passed down through generations and have stood the test of World Wars, fires, and small children?
One thing I have done: work stays at work. I bring stuff home and never get to it. I do my planning at school and anything else I need to do. Of course, I still have things running through my head about what needs to get done but it can wait. Family time is when I am home. It's not a time for work. And that has been nice.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I promise it will get easier when she starts sleeping all the way through the night! Time is the cure for all it seems.

holdenon said...

Ditto what Robin said!