Friday, July 16, 2010

Mind Control

Do you have an over-active mind? I do. I can have Brian dead in an instant (sorry honey), me, a widow with three kids to raise, selling a home to move into an apartment, wondering how to provide financially. My other favorite (sarcasm) is to have the house broken into when Brian is gone and what my plan of action would be. I have it all figured out.
The problem with these thoughts is that they are well, not good for one, and unholy for another I'm pretty sure. These thoughts are not thinking on things above.
I have been watching Joyce Meyer in the mornings to get my day going and am having to yet be reminded of the mind. That I am to think about what I am thinking about, that I can control my thoughts, and that the devil will plant little misconceptions in my mind to make me think upon them. I must be vigilant and put up walls around my mind, to take captive every thought and make them obedient to Christ (2 Cor 10:5). As Romans 12:2 states, I am to have my mind renewed. This means I am transformed from the inside out, to think upon his glory, his ways, his truth, and to allow the spirit to change me and to begin to think with the spirit and not the flesh. This is something that I cannot do on my own, for I have tried, but must rely on the spirit to change me. I think it's time for me to be vigilant about this area of my life.

1 comment:

Erin said...

We are WAY too much alike! Brad is gone right now and that thought was just running through my head! Thanks for the encouragement! What is Joyce on?