Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Change is A'coming

Brynlie will be arriving soon. First off, I hope it's still a Brynlie! That alone would bring more change that I can comprehend right now! I am very excited about having another little one and so are the girls. Ellie tries to pick up my tummy, "Heavy." Abbie likes to talk to her through the belly button. It's been fun to see their excitement and they are ready to meet her too. It will be nice to begin to be "back to normal" or whatever that new normal will look like on me.
There are also many apprehensions I have. 3. Nonetheless, 3 girls. No longer will Brynlie be in utero and easy to tote around, she'll be in a carrier. No longer jumping up to run to the store or go out because baby in tow is weighty. Sleepless nights are inevitable. I am dreading that the most. I have been praying for God to give the gift of sleeping at night to her. I just don't know how to handle two active little girls with no sleep and Abbie will start Kinder and we have to be at school everyday by 8. My job doesn't offer maternity leave, however, it does offer me the ability to work whenever I can and I will have to adjust not having a "block" of time to sit and knock it out. It will be hard to adjust to that.
There are so many positives and even what I consider negative, I must see as sanctification!
Another sadness is that I feel true peace about this being the last pregnancy. Part of me thinks wow, this is it? No more moving tummy or kicks? No more big belly where I don't have to suck in for a bathing suit? So many women would love to be in my position and I must see this is a true blessing from above and cherish these fleeting moments. Part of me is sad about that, but the other part is ready for nurture our kiddos and see what God has in store for the trio.
Thursday is around the corner. I just pray I'm ready!

3 comments:

John and Natalee Warren said...

So excited for you and what the Lord is doing! Love your transparency. Maybe we can set up something where I can come over once a week for a little while so you can work and I can watch the kiddos...

R said...

oh my dear friend...so many of these things i experienced with my third last year! especially knowing he is to be my last child and the sadness that brings. i will be praying for you with a small level of understanding because i've been there! you can do this. i already marvel at how you make it work with two! you inspire me. :0)

i am so excited for you! i really, really love having three. not many of my friends go past two. so i'm excited to expand my circle of >2 mom friends!

fun fact--one of my good friends is having a baby on friday this week! so it's a good week for babies. :0)

Unknown said...

There is no question in my mind that you are ready....you are already a great Mom and you are only going to get better....So excited for you and can't wait until she is big enough to come over for a swim.....Good luck tomorrow....If I can ever help you in anyway...you know where to find me..Sheila Poland