Saturday, March 25, 2006

Losing It

A long time back I began to blog about weight loss after a baby. One side note before I begin: when I was pregnant, I was told to eat all the time. I don't hear that anymore. Ok. Back to weight loss. I joined a group of Biggest Losers at school and over 10 weeks lost 9.5 pounds and since then, have lost more. I will tell you what has helped the most. I do a daily log on Sparkpeople of my food and it keeps track of my calories and my calories burned in working out. Plus you can set tons of goals etc on it. Another thing is working out. Yes, what they say is true. My biggest help has been Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansome. She is a christian lady who does walking videos. Pop in the video and walk in your own home. Plus she does some upper body work too. All in one in 15 minutes!
If you are trying to be healthy, these two things have been a huge part. Another, has been prayer that I could have some self-control when it comes to food and not letting it control me. I have added another prayer and that is a super-natural change of my tastebuds to like veggies and eat more of them and to not enjoy the fast-food, fried food type of life style I enjoy. With healthy eating (staying within my alloted calories) and exercise, it works!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I'm so proud of you! You made me remember that I have those Leslie Sansone DVD's. Keep us updated!