Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Abacus

Brian has been working a lot at work and his boss noticed that. He told Brian to take me out on a date and he would pay for it. OK. His boss recommended we go to Abacus in Dallas. So, off we went and since his boss was paying I thought I would try some new things.
First off, I am a hot dogs and spaghetti kind of girl and don't like anything new or any of my food touching. I went out on a limb and tried a lobster shooter. Of course, I will exaggerate but, that was the biggest piece of lobster I have ever had to chew. I took a bite of my husbands buffalo. Yes, I thought they were endangered or something, but apparently not. I ordered some Australian fish. It was ok. I just kept telling myself it was healthy and had Omega-3 and -6 in it. To top it off, the mashed potatoes were wonderful. To my surprise, they turned out to be purity cauliflower. I am shocked too.
This was a night of firsts and lasts. Next time, I will stick with wontons and order a salad to go with it.
If you are looking for a great date night though, I can't completely knock Abacus. It has a pleasant atmosphere and the waiters are really nice and don't make you feel dumb for not knowing what half the stuff is. (ps. shortbreads aren't bread at all...pancreas! ewwwww!)
Go, have fun, and enjoy!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Thanks for the warning before Terry tries to drag me there!