Wednesday, May 25, 2011

God and Tornadoes

Abbie sat crying from pure fear about the tornado that "might" come. I consoled her reminding her God is in charge of everything, even the storm. I promised her I would take care of her and protect her and that we had to trust God. She wanted to know what would happen if our house was gone. I reminded her again that God would provide. All truths that were just too tough for my 5 year old to grasp and feel peace about. As I put them to bed I prayed over her; that God would remove the fear and give her peace and this his protection would cover us. Then tucked them in only to have Brian come in a few minutes later yelling, "Get the girls! Something's coming." We gathered out littles in the bathroom where we sat waiting this "something" to come when Brian yelled for me to come look. This is what I saw:



Brian and I chanted please go away. I sat in wonder at this amazing weather. It was hard to take my eyes off it, while contemplating it's ability to totally destroy. The tail spun up into the cloud and it was gone. God was in charge. He did protect. He answered our prayer.
Not only that, but I believe this is a glimpse of the glory of God. Something so amazing. Powerful. Just like he is. A speck inside his ability to have all power. To do as he pleases. I am not only praising God for his protection, but also for getting to see something that actually leaves you speechless. When the words return, it's all about Him.



11 comments:

hapi said...

Hi Kristie Vinson, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

crobl005 said...

That was an amazing post, very inspiring.

janet li said...

Very well, that is my very first stop by for your website! It is nice,just like our website.If you are a fashion man,maybe you will also like our

website,like our ghd uk.All

of the ghd uk here are fashion,useful,noble and free shipping.
ghd australia here for your choice.

hannahrose_8 said...

Amen, that's amazing. Not only God's awesome power, but the picture.

My little girl is always frightened by storms and the possibilities of tornadoes. If she looked out the window to see THAT, I think I'd have a full-blown panic attack on my hands. But at the same time, it would be awesome for her to witness a direct answer to prayer like that. :)

God bless.

Anonymous said...

Hello there. I was just blogwalking and saw this post. I was truly blessed. I bookmarked your blog. if you have time, please visit my blog too. www.777ef.blogspot.com. Thanks and God bless

buyrift said...

Great! just stumble upon your blog..really enjoyed reading this one.=D
Buy Rift Account

Britt Lauren said...

WOw!! That is neat!!! I enjoy your blog. I also like the picture of the tornado- it shows just a little aspect of how powerful our God can be!!

Procrastination of a Student said...

Good post. An insane picture you have there.

prasanthbommu said...

nice pic

Unknown said...

Romantic Wedding Dresses
San Patrick Wedding Dresses
Sottero Midgley Wedding Dresses
Watters Wedding Dresses

Unknown said...

Ok, that's sounds cool.
cheap Arizona Cardinals
discount Arizona Cardinals jerseys
Arizona Cardinals jerseys on Sale
Nike NFL jerseys
cheap Arizona Cardinals
cheap atlanta falcons jerseys
atlanta falcons football jerseys
Nike NFL jerseys