Friday, November 19, 2010

Misconception

I have had my husband ask, "Do you still like being a SAHM?" My answer is a resounding, "YES!" I could not imagine getting three littles up in the morning to get them to daycare then off to work for me then pick them up, cook dinner, do laundry, clean house, homework, spend quality time with them, put them to bed only to start over again. I just can't imagine.
Three has proven more challenging than I had anticipated. There are parts that are super easy then there are parts that are super hard. Mostly like the hard is because I am super type-A without being OCD (I think) so any little glitch sends me off my schedule which in turns makes me stress out. Now, I am quite aware of this fault of mine and perhaps even need to pray for transformation in this area a bit more but it doesn't excuse my behavior of of, "Where did the vacuum lines go and why are there toys hanging from the ceiling fan? What were you thinking?" I need to give that up-they're littles.
I have in my head this "idea" of this mom I want to be and I am awesome, but then reality kicks in and Brynlie is crying, Ellie and Abbie are fighting, dinner needs to get started and that awesome idea flies out the window.
Perhaps what I need to do is dump this idea of awesome mom and just be the mom my kids need me to be. Perhaps it's not about being this person but being who I am and just loving my kids, extending mercy, giving praise, encouraging them, and perhaps even let vacuum lines go.

10 comments:

Ana P said...

haha. Yep, kids are great when you plan to have them :)

Ana P said...

haha. Yep, kids are great when you plan to have them :)

Brian said...

Since you spend that effort, you'll be a good mom for sure.


Children Activities

Anonymous said...

Moncler Badia Shiny Black Women's Down Jacket have earned popularity among today’s leading fashion brands since it has the most stylish design

D.M. SOLIS said...

Beautiful post. Wise conclusion. Peace and all good,

Diane

superman said...

Your kids will be lucky because their mom is really nice..

Great post!


Alaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate

mj said...

I'm totally agreed for superman said...nice posting of views!..


Landscape Lighting Austin, Texas | Austin Auto Accident Lawyer | Seattle Homes

Anonymous said...

Hey that was a really nice post regarding "Misconception"...Keep posting...I'm one of your reader.

Portable Generators | Florida Beach Weddings

Reyna said...

Hi, I came across you by "accident" but could really relate to this post. (I have 4 boys and 1 girl).

I added these posts of mine (below) hoping it might make it faster and easier to get to, and hoping there is something there that you can relate to, laugh at and then give yourself a big hug for all that you do!

http://theunexpectedlife2010.blogspot.com/2010/09/parenting-101.html

http://theunexpectedlife2010.blogspot.com/2010/03/preconceived-notion.html

http://theunexpectedlife2010.blogspot.com/2010/02/inconvenient-sick.html

Unknown said...

Alfred Angelo Wedding Dresses
Bonny Wedding Dresses
Casablanca Couture
Casablanca Wedding Dresses